There’s no way around it: buying a house is a huge deal. Whether you’re new to the Raleigh area or are looking to buy an investment property, it’s important to sign with a company with an established reputation. How do you know when you’ve found the right mortgage lender? Listed below are a few tips to help you get started in finding a mortgage company that you can trust.
- Talk to friends in the Raleigh area who have recently gotten a mortgage. Would they recommend their lender?
- Ask a Raleigh financial advisor, attorney, accountant or realtor for any referrals. If any of their suggestions overlap with those from friends, put them at the top of your list.
- Do plenty of online research about mortgage companies and any recent local mortgage news. Read offers and their details, especially the tiny print.
- Take notes when talking to a loan officer. It’ll help you compare offers and companies, and keep you organized.
- Ask for a good faith estimate or fees worksheet to be emailed to you.
- Don’t always choose the lowest rate. Sometimes the cost associated with obtaining that route takes years to recoup, thus negating the monthly savings.
- Feel confident in your decision!
If you’re having trouble finding the right mortgage company for you, contact Integrated Funding. We serve clients throughout North Carolina and offer custom-fit mortgage options to best suit your needs as a home buyer. It’s our goal to partner with our clients and build lasting trust in the mortgage lending process. For questions or to schedule an appointment with one of our skilled mortgage advisors in Raleigh, NC, call (919) 847-2766.